Thursday, May 14, 2009

Welcome to the world of RMM

The club was established in 1991 by a bunch of school leavers who decided to form a football team to help keep their beer guts in check.

Recruitment was done in pubs, bars and clubs all over the Klang Valley.

In the early days, our games weren't organised as it was mostly a rag tag bunch of unfit (then) youngsters kicking a ball about in the Universiti Malaya campus fields.

We then managed to recruit enough like minded individuals (young virile men who liked a drink or 2 accompanied by a bevy of women) who wanted to sweat it out a bit on Sunday afternoons as well.

The name Real Mucho Malatt was coined under suprisingly sober circumstances during a Mamak session in SEA Park, PJ.

We felt that the name truly reflected the spirit of the team; a bunch of malat lous who liked a drink or 2 accompanied by a bevy of women.

Whilst the team results have had it's up and downs over the last 18 years, the spirit of the team has remained the same.

Now a bunch of middle agers, RMM members (old and new) still strives to retain that original RMM spirit.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

don't forget about those crappy playing fields in SS5, Kelana Jaya. lol

Batigol said...

Well, being a relatively new member to the team (joined after CNY 2005), I do have plenty of memories to recall.....

My debut was played at the Mont Kiara 'senget' field. Can u imagine playing on a diamond-shaped field or whatever shape u call that la....hahaha.... Probably it's because of that I threw up after 15-20 mins on the field (the actual reason was due to heavy drinking the night before).

Then, I had to went thru hell to try n break into the first team. Rumours had it that I was nearly kicked out. Dunno how true is that though....

I only had a few minutes here n there but being a detremined person that I am, I stick to my task n was slowly given more playing time. Eventually, I get to start (after 1 year or so) but was not given the opportunity to play a full game. Really cherished my first full game....can't remember where it was but was roughly after 2 years in the team....

Now, after 4+ years in the team, I have cemented my place in the first team n has contributed my share to the team....May it continue for years to come.

I will also like to take this opportunity to thank a few members of the team. Firstly, it has to be Jason John (JJ) for he was the one who introduced me to this fantastic team. Next up will have to be Aaron (heard he had a hand in keeping me in the team) n Jeff for giving 'elderly' advices and pointers. Also have to thank Shaun n Chen for setting up this great team. Chen (again) n Soon for giving me a run in the first team. That, Shark n Ah Wai for keeping me out of the starting 11 during those first 2 years.....and last but not least Jo for cheering me to score all the time.

For those who were left out, thanks also for being such great teammates in these 4+ years.

meng said...

can we have some RMM group photos over the years?

Post a Comment